Yes, your hard work on SAT prep can now be utilized in applying for some of the reputed colleges and universities in your own country. If you are seeking admissions in Indian colleges of your choice, and have not appeared for all other Indian entrance exams, there is nothing to worry as you have not missed the bus yet to apply. Since 2019, more than 20 Indian universities have started accepting SAT scores for admissions to their undergraduate courses.
The SAT is required to be taken by students seeking admits to Undergraduate programs in USA, Canada and many other leading universities across the globe. Exam tests the college readiness of candidate and evaluates written, verbal and mathematical skills.
There are two sections: Math, Evidence-Based Reading and Writing, plus an optional Essay with total duration of the test to be three hours and 50 minutes.
So, if you have good SAT score in your kitty and awesome grades on in 12th class, you should visit the portals of these universities and apply to your dream programs. And, even if you have not taken your SAT don’t get disheartened, you still have the option of appearing for exam as it’s conducted four times a year- March, May, October, December.
To check dates and deadlines for upcoming SAT, you may check the following link:
Let’s look at the Universities accepting SAT as their admissions criteria:
1. SRM University: Students can choose to apply either through the SAT score or appear for the SRMJEEE conducted by the University. SAT score will be accepted for the Regular Admissions. The cut-off score for the SAT will be in line with the university’s shortlisting criteria for Undergraduate admissions. Students will be invited for personal interviews after shortlisting for admissions. For more information, you may visit the university page www.srmuniv.ac.in
2. Ashoka University: The University gives students a firm Offer of Admission on the basis of their SAT/ACT/AAT (university’s own test) scores. Students receive a world-class interdisciplinary education through undergraduate and post-graduate programs led by internationally renowned faculty. However, not every applicant with an SAT score will be eligible for admission to the university. They look at the overall profile of the candidate. For more information, you may visit the university page www.ashoka.edu.in
3. Bennett University: University has listed expected requirements for GPA and SAT/ACT scores. In order to assess the likelihood of you getting selected, please read the admission cut-off provided by the university on their website. For more information, you may visit the university page www.bennett.edu.in/
4. Azim Premji University: University is accepting SAT score for all their Undergraduate programs. The SAT score is being accepted for both the early and regular admission. The university cut-off score for the SAT will be according to the shortlisting criteria for undergraduate admissions. Students who match eligibility will be invited for personal interviews in the next round. For more information, you may visit the university page www.edu.in
5. Manipal Academy of Higher Education: The College offers B. Sc, B. Tech and M. Tech degrees in different engineering programs such as Computer Science, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Building Science. They are accepting SAT scores for various programs such as B.Sc. (Exercise and Sports Sciences), B.Sc. (Health Information Management), B.Sc. (Medical Imaging Technology), B.Sc. (Perfusion Technology). For more information, you may visit the university page https://manipal.edu/mu/admission/indian-students/collegeboard.html
6. GD. Goenka University: University offers various undergraduate programs in multiple stream- Public policy, Science, Law, Engineering, Mass Comm, Management, Commerce, Education, Hotel Management, Architecture, Design, Pharmacy, Humanities & Social Sciences, etc.
7. Manav Rachna University: University offers courses in Engineering, Management Programs, Applied Sciences, Humanities, Law, and Education. Selection criteria for all B.Tech programs is decided on the basis of a valid score in SAT.
8. Ahmedabad University: University provides undergraduate, postgraduate courses and Doctorate degrees in a variety of fields such as engineering and management. Ahmedabad University has started accepting SAT scores for the admissions to undergraduate courses. For more information you may visit https://ahduni.edu.in/undergraduate-admissions
9. OP. Jindal Global University: This is a private university located in Haryana, India, offering a wide field of courses in engineering streams such as computer science, mechanical, civil, electronics, communication, information technology, and electrical. For more information you may visit https://jgu.edu.in/jslh/admissions/selection-process/
10. Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology: This is one of the oldest institutions of the Government of Delhi, established in 1983. While applying for the undergraduate courses, SAT Subject Test Score Card is required.
11. National Institute of Technology, Karnataka: This institute offers degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate and Doctorate (Ph.D.) level. The programs offered are in the field of technology, engineering, technology, science and information technology, management etc.
While applying for one of your dream programs at the respective university, please visit the official website to check the eligibility criteria for the admission process for specific courses and the application deadlines.